Saturday, August 1, 2015

Happy fourth blog birthday

Today marks four years of blogging for me. Happy birthday, Snippets! In honor of the occasion, I'm going to share a birthday card I made this afternoon.

Shaker card made with Celebrate Today stamp set and rectangle shaker pouch.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Celebrate Today
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay card stock; 110-lb. white card stock (Recollections); Sno Cone rectangle shaker overlay (The Paper Cut)
Ink: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Large Rectangle shaker card pouch (Impression Obsession), Lucky Stars embossing folder, Confetti Stars punch, In Color sequin assortment, red sequins (unknown)

To make the focal layer I cut a piece of white card stock just slightly larger than the shaker card pouch and stamped the images: first the banners, then the balloon and finally the confetti. (I wish I'd gotten more even ink coverage on the balloon image. But I was in a hurry and didn't have time to start again.) Here's a tip for stamping the confetti: I used the image meant to overlay the balloon and just applied ink to a portion of the stamp.

With the stamping done, I placed the confetti -- a combination of sequins and tiny punched stars -- in the middle of the panel. I peeled the backing off the shaker pouch and adhered it over the stamped images.

I embossed the overlay with the Lucky Stars embossing folder and adhered it over the completed shaker pouch. Then I attached the whole panel to the white card base.

A great big thank you to everyone who has followed my blog, pinned a project, read a post or left me a comment over the last four years. I appreciate your support. And to any new readers who come along, I hope you are able to find some creative inspiration, new ideas or helpful tips among my posts. Here's to another four years!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sapphire-Rose said...

I am enjoying your blog and love the photo's of your garden - lot's of hard work! Well done:-)
Sunshine, New Zealand