Friday, July 31, 2015

Miss you two

Today I have two cute miss-you card designs to share with you. They would be great cards to send to far-flung loved ones or even a nearby friend you haven't seen in awhile because of life's busy-ness.

Miss-you card made with the For the Birds stamp set.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: For the Birds
Paper: Whisper White, Brilliant Blue card stock; 110-lb. white card stock (Recollections)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Colored pencils and blender pencil (Prismacolor), Arrows embossing folder, Nesting Squares Rounded Quickutz dies (We R Memory Keepers), linen thread, Bold Brights brads, Gingham Garden washi tape, Dimensionals

I'm trying to get a little more "artistic" with my coloring, so I worked on shading and blending with my colored pencils for the focal image on this clean and simple card. The shadows could have been a bit darker, but overall I think it's pretty good.

I die cut the image and layered it on a piece of Brilliant Blue card stock that was also die cut and then embossed and tied with linen thread. The small "flag" of washi tape accents the bit of yellow in the focal image.

Miss-you card made with Stitched Hillside Borders dies from Lawn Fawn and Up, Up & Away stamp set from Stampin' Up!
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Up, Up & Away
Paper: Soft Sky, Whisper White, textured Wild Wasabi card stock; Designer Series Paper (DSP) Patterns Pack - In Color, DSP Patterns Pack II
Ink: Real REd, Early Espresso
Accessories: Stitched Hillside Borders Lawn Cuts dies (Lawn Fawn), paper flowers - yellow aster and red starflower (Jolee's by You), Dimensionals, Mono Multi liquid glue

I used three different shades of green paper -- two patterned DSPs and one textured card stock -- to make the rolling hills for the scene on this card. I stamped, cut out and adhered the balloon to the card base with Dimensionals (the basket is stamped directly on the base) and then stamped the birds and sentiment. For a touch of color I added a few little red and yellow flowers, though I realize they're much too large in terms of perspective. Artistic license, I say. This card would work just as well with a different sentiment -- hello, thinking of you, etc. -- or even no sentiment at all.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: