Monday, August 10, 2015

Summer trees

This month the challenge theme on the Raisin Boat blog is summertime. Although I don't really think of myself as a summer person, there are many things I do enjoy about the season: the sun setting later, thunderstorms, having the windows open, and relaxing outside with a cool drink and a good book to name a few. I also love to sit in the shade of the trees, so for this challenge I made a card featuring a little grove of summer trees.

Card featuring summer trees made with Raisin Boat's Central Park stamp set.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Central Park (Raisin Boat), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Cucumber Crush, Soft Sky, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Cucumber Crush, Marina Mist, Smoky Slate, Crushed Curry (marker)
Accessories: Linen thread, corner rounder, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

I stamped the tree trunks at different heights on a panel of Soft Sky card stock using Chocolate Chip ink. Then I stamped the various treetops on Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, and Cucumber Crush card stock using the coordinating ink colors and cut them out by hand. For the largest trees, I stamped each circle of leaves three times and then trimmed them down so the scale was better. I adhered a few of the treetops to the card with Dimensionals to create some depth.

To finish this summer scene I added a little bird and a few puffy white clouds. I wrapped linen thread around the bottom of the panel, added a sentiment and adhered the panel to a Chocolate Chip card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: