Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Two simple trees

After my 12 Days of Christmas Cards blog series, I thought I was finished making and sharing my Christmas cards. But I forgot that I wanted to create a card for the Christmas and holiday challenge on the Raisin Boat blog. So earlier this week I pulled out my newest Raisin Boat stamp set, Treemendous, and got to work.

Christmas card with stick tree and red, green and blue ornaments. There is a red ribbon bow on the tree trunk, as well as light blue stamped snowflakes and the greeting "Happy Holidays."
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Treemendous (Raisin Boat)
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Early Espresso card stock
Ink: Early Espresso, Real Red, Old Olive, Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky card stock
Accessories: 1/8" Real Red taffeta ribbon, sponge, Glue Dots

This was an easy card to make, and I really like the way it turned out. After I stamped the tree, I used the separate branch stamp to add two extra branches near the bottom of the tree; that created more of a Christmas tree shape, and it gave me more space for ornaments. I used the image of three little dots like snowflakes in the background and sponged around the main layer to create a vintage look. I wanted a simple embellishment, so I tied a piece of narrow red ribbon in a knot and used a Glue Dot to adhere it to the tree trunk. All that was left was to stamp the greeting and adhere the panel to an Early Espresso card base.

Birthday card with a stick-style tree with green leaves and yellow blossoms. Stamped grass and three flowers along the bottom of the card. The flowers and tree branches are embellished with small pearls.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Treemendous (Raisin Boat)
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Old Olive card stock
Ink: Early Espresso, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Pearls, corner rounder

Since I had this versatile stamp set out, I decided to make another, non-holiday, card. By keeping the same basic layout but changing a couple of colors and images, I created a cheerful card for any occasion. (I added a "happy birthday" stamp because I'm really low on birthday cards, but you could easily use a different sentiment or omit the greeting altogether.) I used the image of three small dots again on this card, but by stamping them in yellow I turned them into blossoms on the tree. When I was done stamping, I rounded the corners of the panel, embellished the flowers and tree branches with a few pearls, and used an Early Espresso marker to doodle a border along the top and sides of the panel. Finally I adhered the stamped card stock onto an Old Olive card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks for joining the challenge this month Andrea. The card is adorable and such a clever use of Treemendous I love it