Saturday, December 13, 2014

S'more fun

Now that I've mailed out all my Christmas cards (though I do have two left to hand deliver), I've officially moved on to cards for other occasions. I've been having fun playing with some new supplies that I've bought over the past few months but haven't had a chance to use yet. Today I'm going to share a fun kids birthday card that uses a stamp set from Lawn Fawn called Love You S'more and the coordinating dies.

Tan birthday card with a vertical blue piece. On the blue is a green hill with a campfire. Two sticks with marshmallows are over the fire, and stars are stamped at the top of the blue piece.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Love You S'more (Lawn Fawn), Birthday Wish
Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, Marina Mist, Mossy Meadow, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Marina Mist, Mossy Meadow, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Love You S'more Lawn Cuts dies (Lawn Fawn), Glue Dots, Mono Multi liquid glue

When this stamp set was released earlier this year I immediately fell in love with it. So when I found it at a scrapbooking expo this fall I snatched it up, along with the coordinating dies. This is the first card I've made with the stamps and dies, and I really like how it turned out.

I chose Baked Brown Sugar card stock for the card base and stamped a row of trees along the bottom. I used a wide strip of Marina Mist card stock for the focal area and stamped some tiny stars near the top of the strip. Then I stamped, die cut and layered on all the pieces for the hill, campfire and marshmallow sticks. I wanted to make this a birthday card, so I stamped that sentiment in the upper right corner, but you could easily use a different sentiment or omit it altogether. I also think that, trimmed down a little, this would make an adorable accent on a scrapbook page about camping or cookouts.

Inside of card with the sentiment "Everything is s'more fun with you" and a stamped s'more image.Inside the card I added a layer of Whisper White card stock and combined a few stamps to create the sentiment "Everything is s'more fun with you." And of course I had to add a little winking s'more because it's just one of the cutest things ever.

I'll definitely be making more cards with this set, and I'm already thinking about how I could use this sentiment on a few valentines -- it would be perfect for my friends.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: