Saturday, December 20, 2014

Clean and simple all-occasion card

I can't believe Christmas is only a few days away. All my cards are mailed, my shopping is finished, and the presents are wrapped. But if you're still busy with preparations, here's a quick all-occasion card to give you a break from the holiday hoopla:

Crumb Cake card base with a panel of newsprint-style printed paper on the left side. On the printed paper is a die-cut and embossed flower colored with Perfect Plum and Old Olive.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Paper: Crumb Cake, Perfect Plum card stock; First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Crub Cake
Accessories: Botanical Branch Embosslits die (Sizzix), Regals Candy Dots, Dimensionals

I started with a Crumb Cake card base and stamped one of the splatter images from Gorgeous Grunge. I used Crumb Cake card stock to make the embossed die-cut flower and then colored the embossed parts with Perfect Plum and Old Olive markers. I added a Perfect Plum Candy Dot to the center of two of the flowers, although I think I should have used Very Vanilla, or maybe even Crumb Cake for more contrast. What do you think?

To create a simple background for the flower I cut a strip of First Edition Specialty DSP and stamped it with the splatter image in Crumb Cake ink (I stamped on scratch paper first to lighten the ink color). I matted the DSP with Perfect Plum card stock and adhered the panel to the left side of a Crumb Cake card base. Using Dimensionals, I attached the flower to the DSP. I added a "happy birthday" sentiment, but this card could easily be used for just about any occasion.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: