Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Keep calm

I have a lot of frustrations going on with work right now, so although I wanted to stamp cards today, I just wasn't feeling up to it. What I really wanted to do was pound something. A lot. Like a giant mound of clay. Or throw paint at a massive white wall. Sadly, those options weren't available. Instead I put to use some craft supplies I do have on hand and made this magnet:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® except "Other"):
Stamps: Carry On
Cardstock: Whisper White, River Rock, textured Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Midnight Muse, River Rock
Accessories: Labels Collection Framelits dies, Festive Paper-Piercing Pack, paper-piercing tool and mat, Photo Corners punch, rhinestones, Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Mono Multi liquid glue
Other: 3-1/2" square magnetic acrylic photo frame, 1/2" magnetic buttons

I know a lot of people are over this phrase or never really cared for it in the first place, but it seemed appropriate for me today. I started with a 3-1/2" square of River Rock cardstock and glued a punched photo corner (textured Cherry Cobbler cardstock) in each corner. I adhered a piece of Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon across and behind the square, leaving the ends loose at the right side.

For the focal image, I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig tool to stamp the greeting in Midnight Muse on Whisper White card stock. I stamped the crown in River Rock and then cut out the images with a Labels Collection Framelits die. I pierced a border around the edge and adhered it in the middle of the square over the ribbon.

I slid the layered piece into the frame and then tied the ribbon in a bow. I also placed a rhinestone directly on the frame over the crown. And that's it! I did have to glue a couple of circle magnets to the back of the frame; the frame came with a magnet, but it didn't seem to be strong enough for the layered cardstock

Now I need to find a good spot to place my magnet where it will catch my eye. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: