Thursday, July 25, 2013

Convention memories

It's taken me a few days to get back into the swing of things, but today I finally had time to sit down in my craft room after work and make some cards. I'll post them tomorrow, but first I wanted to share a few of my favorite photos from Convention.

Ready for the fun to begin! My three roommates, Tina, Faith and Jackie.

Masses of Convention-goers waiting to get into the opening general session. I was sort of in the middle of this "line"; it went quite a ways in either direction. I was really glad I don't have an issue with being in large crowds.

Convention friends Cassie and Sandy.

Display boards are always a highlight of any Stampin' Up! event, and at past Conventions I took dozens of pictures of the amazing samples. But I've realized that I rarely go back and look at those pictures, so this year I decided to focus on observing and absorbing. I did snap a photo of this Stampin' Up! product display because I love that little banner made with the Mosaic punch.

One cool feature of the display boards was that the samples were arranged to spell different words.

















The 25th anniversary party included delicious treats. These fancy cupcakes tasted as good as they looked (I tested a few different kinds to make sure).

The entertainment included an aerial artist, an '80s cover band called The Spazmatics and carnival-style games. It was a lot of fun, but definitely a bit of sensory overload.

After the closing general session on Saturday we wanted to go to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner, but we were told that the wait for a table of eight was three to four hours. (That's what happens when almost 6,000 demonstrators are unleashed on the city.) So we went to the more-like-fast-food Johnny Rockets instead, and even then the two demonstrators who had joined our group decided to leave before we were seated. Despite all the waiting, we ended up having a great time.

That's another Stampin' Up! Convention in the books. I hope to see these beautiful faces next year. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Terri said...

thanks for sharing. I wish I could have been there this year too!!!