Sunday, July 7, 2013

Floral Christmas card

Today I was supposed to be having a craft day, visiting with one of my good friends and working on my Convention swaps. That was before I managed to tweak my back yesterday morning. Sigh. It doesn't seem like anything serious, but I decided that sitting all day wouldn't be the smartest or most comfortable thing to do. I did, though, want to make one card to share on my blog today, so here is a quick floral Christmas card:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Bright Blossoms, Sweet Essentials
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla cardstock; Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper (DSP) stack
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon, slot punch, rhinestones, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, paper-piercing tool and mat

I love the little flowers in the Bright Blossoms stamp set, and I wanted to see if I could use some of them to make a Christmas card. Using my markers and the image of the branch with buds, I colored the circles Cherry Cobbler and the branches and leaves Lucky Limeade. Now they look like winter berries -- with a few rhinestones to add a snow-like sparkle. I used two different patterns from the Festival of Prints DSP stack to mat the focal layer, and added Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon for a final embellishment.

Here's hoping I have more creations to share with you soon. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: