Monday, July 29, 2013

Hello, Lovely

One of the stamp sets Convention attendees received as part of their registration was Hello, Lovely. I really liked this set when I first saw it in the catalog, so I was excited to get it. But when I sat down to actually use it, I was a little stumped. So to get the creativity ball rolling, I decided to start with my old reliable layout.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Hello, Lovely; Sweet Essentials
Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Wild Wasabi, Pistachio Pudding
Accessories: 1" square punch, rhinestones

I think this card is pretty self-explanatory, but I will mention that I cut out the stamped squares by hand and then layered them on the 1" punched black squares. Although it's a simple design, I think a group of these cards in different colors with different sentiments would make a great card set.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Hello, Lovely; Gorgeous Grunge; Sweet Essentials
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding
Accessories: Decorative Label punch, Textured Impressions embossing folder, Candy Dots - Subtles, Soft Suede taffeta ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dimensionals

I kept the background simple for this card with just a few stamped splatters and an embossed border. To make the focal point, I applied ink to only the frame portion of the image, stamped it, added the greeting inside the frame and then punched it out. I added ribbon tabs and Candy Dots and used Dimensionals to adhere it over the splatters.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Hello, Lovely; Gorgeous Grunge
Cardstock: Whisper White, Summer Starfruit, Coastal Cabana
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Coastal Cabana, Gumball Green, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate
Accessories: 1-1/4" scallop circle punch, Petite Curly Label punch, rhinestones, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dimensionals

This card was fun but definitely outside of my comfort zone. I started by stamping the row of arrows along the left side of the card (with the help of my Stamp-a-ma-jig). I used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to add a few colorful background elements. For the focal point, I stamped the sentiment in Basic Gray and cut it out. I punched a scallop circle out of Summer Starfruit cardstock, cut it in half and adhered the halves to the top and bottom of the sentiment. I used Dimensionals to adhere the focal piece to the card, and for an extra accent I added an arrow pointing to the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are on a roll, girl. Love all these cards you've made in the last few days!!

StampingBetty said...

very nice