Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Polka-dot daisy card set

As promised in my last post, today I'm going to share the second card set I made last weekend. For this set I was inspired by a bright floral card I made a couple of weeks ago (the first card in the "Flower power" post).

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Pick a Petal
Card stock: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, Primrose Petals, Pink Pirouette, Pool Party
Ink: Basic Gray marker; Daffodil Delight, Primrose Petals, Pink Pirouette, Pool Party pads
Accessories: Sweet Buttons Embosslits die, 1-1/4" scalloped circle punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, stitched Basic Gray grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals

The complete set includes eight cards, two of each of the colors pictured. I really like this fun combination of colors and the playful polka-dot flowers. To make the focal layer for each card I started with a piece of Whisper White card stock. I stamped one of the circular images from the Pick a Petal stamp set where I wanted the center of the flower -- it doesn't have to be perfect since it will be covered, but it helps to have a guide for stamping the petals. I stamped two of the petals directly across from each other and then two more in between those (so the four petals make an X). Then I went back and stamped one more petal between each pair of petals, making eight petals total.

For the flower center I embossed a piece of Basic Gray card stock with the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder and then punched out a 1-1/4" scallop circle. I adhered the scallop circle over the center of the circle and added a die-cut and embossed button. I doodled a border around the white card stock, added another die-cut button and layered the piece on Basic Gray card stock. To finish I adhered a piece of Basic Gray ribbon near the bottom of the card front and used Dimensionals to attach the stamped panel to the card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Julie said...

These cards are so bright and happy. Thanks for all the tips on making them.

Andrea said...

You’re welcome, Julie. Glad you like them!