Saturday, July 27, 2024

You're My Type card set

I'm back to share my last card set (at least for a little while). And of course, if you don't make card sets, any of these layouts could be used for just a single card. I gravitate toward clean-and-simple layouts for card sets since I have to make multiples, so many of these designs are great for new card makers or anyone who needs to make a quick card.

For this card set I pulled out one of my typewriter stamp sets -- You're My Type (Stampin' Up!). I stamped the typewriter six times on vanilla card stock and used three different sentiments to add messages on the paper part of the typewriter images. Then I fussy cut the images (it's an old set, so no dies, but I don't actually mind cutting them out myself) and set them aside.

To make the card bases, I used thick vanilla card stock and two kinds of patterned paper -- a retired typewritten-style Designer Series Paper (Stampin' Up!) and an older floral stack (Die Cuts With a View). I adhered a 4" x 4" piece of the text paper at the top of each card, leaving a 1/8" border of card base visible. Then I added floral paper -- a different design for each card -- to the bottom part of the card base. I wanted a little bit of color at the top of the cards, too, so for each card I punched a small banner from the same floral paper and glued it at the top left edge of the card base. I used foam tape to attach the typewriter images and finished each card with a few gold sequins.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: