Friday, July 19, 2024

Emboss resist card set

I’m back to share another card set from card-making spree last month. For this set I wanted to make something all-occasion, without sentiments, that could be used just about any time you need a card.

I decided to skip the stamping and use some old Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP, Stampin’ Up!) to make a set of emboss resist cards. The paper is white with a clear-embossed pattern, so when you apply ink to the paper the pattern resists the color and stays white. 

I chose two patterns for my cards: flowers and foliage. I applied ink to the DSP using blending brushes. For the flower pattern I used a couple shades of pink for the flowers and yellow and green for the foliage (I love how it looks like the sun shining through the leaves).

I matted each ink-blended panel with black card stock and then adhered them to white card bases. For the focal images I die cut circles of white card stock embossed with a woodgrain pattern and added black die-cut butterflies. I applied glue to just the body of each butterfly so the wings can be gently pulled up for some dimension. I finished the cards with sequins -- gold for the leaves and clear for the flowers.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These cards are so pretty! I like the backgrounds too!
Sunshine xx

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine!