Monday, July 8, 2024

Monochromatic patterned paper card set

I'm back another one of the card sets I made a few weeks ago. This set features some pretty, monochromatic patterned paper and simple floral focal images.

I used the All Planned Out 1 dies (Taylored Expressions) to die cut the six patterned papers into two pieces, and then I swapped the piece for the same color patterns. I glued the pieces to white card bases and added a diagonal white strip to cover the seam where the papers meet. (The dies for white strips, as well as the circles, are also part of the All Planned Out I die set.)


For the focal images I used the Simply Fabulous stamp set (Stampin' Up!). I used one floral image and one sentiment for each color. I adhered the circles to the cards with foam tape and finished the cards with white enamel dots.


I had six strips of card stock left over from trimming the patterned paper, so I had to make one last card to add to my birthday stash. I trimmed each strip to 4" long and then adhered them to a white card base, leaving a large space between the second and third strips. (Tip: Start by adhering the top and bottom strips, leaving a 1/8" white border at the edges of the card. Then move to the next two strips in. Decide where you want the "empty" space and add the last two strips.) 

I stamped "happy birthday" in the open space and decorated the card with clusters of die-cut flowers. (Again, the dies are from the All Planned Out I die set. So handy!) Some of the flowers are glued directly to the card base, and some are popped up with foam tape. Finally I added some white enamel dots around the flowers. I really love the way this card turned out!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I love these cards! I especially love the cute flowers on the yellow card, they're so sweet! I like how you spilt the papers on each card. A great layout!
Really lovely Summery coloured cards! You've done a fabulous (as always!)job Andrea!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine!