Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Deco Florals

When I went to the stamp show a couple of weeks ago, I got some fun new goodies. I put a few of those items together -- the Deco Florals stamps and dies (Pink and Main), the Mod Stitched Rectangle dies (Pink and Main), and the Tim Holtz Distress Spray in Peeled Paint (Ranger Ink) -- to make a couple of quick cards.

I chose eight of the flower/leaf shapes from the Deco Florals stamp set and stamped each image on white card stock using a different color from the Urban Oasis ink collection (Catherine Pooler). I die cut the images with the coordinating dies and split them into two groups.

Using the Mod Stitched Rectangle dies, I cut two of the second-largest shape from white card stock. (I did notice that the dies, which are pink, left a faint pink tinge in the stitched lines on the card stock. I'm not sure if it's because they're new or because the card stock was thick and therefore my die-cutting "sandwich" was too tight, but I'm hoping that doesn't keep happening.) I spritzed one panel with Peeled Paint Distress Spritz and the other with Iridescent Shimmery spray (Altenew), which you can't really see in the photo.

When the panels were dry, I added the die-cut flowers and leaves. On the Distress Spritz panel I used foam tape, and on the other card they are glued directly on the panel. I stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from the stamp set on two strips of white card stock, trimmed the strips, and used foam tape to add one strip to each card. I attached the panels to white card bases (foam tape for one, glue for the other) and finished them with clear droplets.

To be honest these are not my favorite cards, but sometimes when I get new stamps, I just need to make something to get a feel for the images and to get some creative juices flowing. Next time I use this set I hope I'll have more ideas.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What pretty colors on these two cards! I know what you mean about trying new stamps etc. I'm the same! You need to get the "feel" of the stamp and try it out and get to know the stamps, if that makes sense!
Apologies for posting my last comment TWICE! I wasn't
sure the first comment went through, lol!
Sunshine,

Andrea said...

Thank you so much, Sunshine! And no worries about the double comment. I've done the same thing. :)