Saturday, June 1, 2024

Two-for-one cards

I don't do a ton of stenciling or ink blending when I'm making cards, but a few weeks ago I decided to have a little stenciling session. I pulled out a few stencils I hadn't used yet and got to work. Today's cards are a two-for-one special featuring the Abstract Floral layering stencils from Erin Lee Creative.


This stencil set creates a design with three large flowers -- and with the colors I chose it has a definite 70s vibe. I intended to cut the panel down to an A2 size and create one card. But when I was trying to decide how to trim it, I realized that I could cut it roughly in half and get two cards. Bonus! (I also think the two pieces would be perfect to turn into bookmarks.)

Once the panel was cut in half I rounded the corners of each piece and doodled a border around the edges to mimic the "happy birthday" sentiment I decided to use. I wanted to add some gold, so I splattered gold watercolor on green card bases and used a small paint brush to add gold accents to the petals and centers of the flowers. I adhered a flower panel to the left side of each card, added the sentiment with foam tape, and finished them with a few sequins.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the yummy yellow colours on these cards! And that's a fabulous idea to get 'two for one' cards from the one image! It would be a great idea for batch making a bunch of cards! I must remember this idea! I also like the rounded corners and splatters!
Have a great weekend:-)
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine! I'm going to have to see what other stencils I have that would work well with this technique.