Sunday, June 30, 2024

June Christmas cards: simple snowflakes

The month of June has flown by! We didn't finish our school year until June 10, then we had a couple of weeks off, and now we're into summer school. Whew! I finally sat down to make my Christmas cards yesterday so I could get them posted before the end of the month. And here they are:


I wanted to make something fairly simple (i.e., without a bunch of coloring or die cutting), so I decided to go with snowflakes. And I had received the die-cut panels (Orchid Oasis and Rich Razzleberry, Stampin' Up!) from a friend, so they were all ready to go. Even better! I spritzed the panels with iridescent spray, and then I removed the sprayer from the bottle and tapped the end of the plastic tube over the card stock to get bigger drops. When the panels were dry, I glued them to white card bases.


I used images from several different stamp sets -- I just looked through my stash until I found snowflakes that would fit inside of the circles. For the Orchid Oasis cards, I used Orchid Oasis and Starry Sky inks. It's a subtle difference, but I love this combo. For the Rich Razzleberry cards, I went for more contrast with Rich Razzleberry and Bashful Blue inks. When the stamping was done, I added silver sequins for a little extra sparkle.


I also decided to stamp a few snowflakes with the sentiment inside each card. I don't always decorate the inside of my cards, but sometimes it's nice to fill a little of the white space. And snowflakes are easy to add because they don't have to be perfectly placed or straight.

Thanks for stopping by!


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you receiving the panels already die cut! I do like the colours of ink and cardstock, they go well together!
I like how you decorated the insides of the cards as well! The snowflakes were a good choice, no need to spend time colouring them in! The sequins look great too!
I don't send as many Christmas cards as I used to. Some people have dropped off and I never hear from them, so I don't waste my time and materials sending them a card anymore. But then there's always someone new that pops up who I send a card to. I can see you had a fun time making these Andrea!
Sunshine