Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Spring Chickens

When it comes to card making, I like a lot of different image styles. But two things that are always a win for me are cute animals and punny sentiments. So the Spring Chickens stamp and stencil combo from Taylored Expressions was a no-brainer for me.

I used Sprinkles, Toffee, and Watermelon inks (Taylored Expressions) with the layering stencils to create a 6" x 6" panel of colorful chickens, and I added the details using Oreo ink and the coordinating stamp set. When that was done I used the All Planned Out 1 dies (Taylored Expressions) to die cut the panel into two pieces. I also cut a piece of Toffee card stock embossed with a Chicken Wire embossing folder.

Using one piece of the stenciled panel and one piece of the embossed panel, I created two card layouts with Sprinkles card bases. Then I die cut the strips out of Watermelon card stock and circles from white. I stamped the circles with sentiments from the Just Chicken In stamp set (Taylored Expressions). (The small "happy birthday" sentiment is from the Tiny Words Birthday set from Simon Says Stamp.) I finished the cards with red enamel dots.

After the first two cards were done, I still had one narrow strip of stenciled card stock left, so I decided to make one more card. Lately I've been trying to use these leftover bits right away instead of saving them for later. It's much easier for me to use them when the ideas are flowing and the supplies are already out!

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! These made me giggle! I love the sentiments! The chicken wire (?) embossing folder is a great idea for these cards! I love everything about these cards! That DSP is great, and looks so good on your cards! That's a great idea to use up your scraps of card/paper etc. And also fun! Thanks for sharing Andrea!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine!