Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Tie-dye birthday cards

For me it's pretty easy to make cards for young kids, but older kids and teens can be a bit of a challenge. So when I saw the Tie Dye Layering Stencil set from Erin Lee Creative, I thought it would make a great background on cards for that age group (or anyone, really). Here are the first two cards I created with these stencils:


For the card on the left, I chose a blue and green color palette. To make the focal point I die cut "it's your day!" out of holographic card stock. (I saved the to letters that fell out to use on another card.) I also added a very narrow strip of holographic card stock along the bottom edge of the card. To finish I added a few clear confetti sequins. 

For the card on the right, I used a palette of dark pink, yellow, and purple. For the sentiment I cut a birthday cover plate die out of holographic card stock. I glued the letters that fell out to the tie-dye background, using the rest of the die-cut panel as a guide for placement (and then I saved that panel for another card). I added a few of the clear confetti sequins for the finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love these cards Andrea! I've never seen tie dye stencils etc for cards! What beautiful bright and fun colours!
I remember way back when I was a teenager, tie dyed clothing was really popular. I think I even tried it one time. These must have been so much fun to create!
Happy crafting!
Sunshine

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Sunshine!