Saturday, July 6, 2019

Hedgehog birthday 1

This month Art Impressions is celebrating its 32nd birthday. That's awesome! To help celebrate, there is a birthday card challenge on the Art Impressions blog. I had some crafty time this weekend, so I took the opportunity to make a couple of fun birthday cards for the challenge using my new hedgehogs stamp set. I'll share the first card below and the second one in the next post.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Hedgehogs Set 5112 (Art Impressions)
Paper: Whisper White, Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay, Terracotta Tile card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; colored pencils - 928, 997, 921, 926, 1083, 941, 947, 1005, 911, 905 (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Wonky Stitched Circles dies (My Favorite Things), Florence sequins (Close to My Heart), Gamsol and blender sticks (Taylored Expressions), foam tape (3M)

The hedgehogs in this set are so cute, and I love the fun sentiments, too. For my first card, I used the image of the hedgehog resting on a potted cactus. (He seems to have found a kindred spirit!) I stamped the image on white card stock, colored it with colored pencils, and blended the colors with Gamsol.

I die cut the image with a stitched circle die and then filled in some of the white space by stamping the confetti image from the set several times. I colored and blended the confetti and added a light shadow below the hedgehog and cactus.

For the rest of the card, I pulled the colors from the focal image. I cut strips of Granny Apple Green and Terracotta Tile card stock that were 4" long and varying widths. I adhered the strips to a Bermuda Bay card base in alternating colors, making sure that the bottom strip was wide enough for the sentiment. I used foam tape to attach the focal image to the card base and then added a few sequins to finish the card.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

Very cute card Andrea! I like the colour scheme, and the way you did the strips of card on the background look awesome! Such a happy fun card!
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blgspot.com

Crystal Schneider said...

Great coloring that hedgehog is so adorable. Thanks again for joining us at Art Impressions.

Sharon Caudle said...

So CUTE!! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Art Impressions!