Saturday, May 25, 2024

May Christmas cards: holiday postage

I've been enjoying creating postage-themed cards lately, so I decided to continue the streak with my Christmas cards for May.

I started by choosing the patterned paper I wanted to use (an old pack from Stampin' Up!) and then chose a few colors of coordinating ink and card stock. Using the Ho Ho Postage stamp and dies (Simon Says Stamp), I created a whole bunch of the postage stamp images. I wanted to make ten cards for this batch, so I sorted the images and made sure I had a mix of colors and sizes for each card. (Note: The large image with the trees actually has just a line border, like the small tree image. I felt like it needed more color, so I used an alcohol marker to color in the border.) 

Using the Postage Collage Coloring Stencil (Waffle Flower), I added a border around the top two-thirds of each card base. Then I adhered a piece of patterned paper along the bottom portion. I scattered the stamp images along the top edge of the patterned paper, popping up one of the large images with foam tape. I added a small strip sentiment in the lower right corner and finished the cards with two enamel dots in the upper left corner.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh these are gorgeous! I like the different background card colours. I think the card with the dark brown background is my fave...but I like all of them!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine!