Saturday, May 18, 2024

Bright postage birthday cards

I shared some vintage-style postage cards in my last post, and today I have a couple more birthday cards made with several of the same products. But today’s cards are bright, bold, and contemporary.


To make the focal panels for these cards I used the Postage Collage Coloring Stencil and Everyday Stencil as well as the Postage Collage stamp set and dies (for A2 cards) from Waffle Flower. For inks, I used mainly the Spa Collection - Urban Oasis ink pads (Catherine Pooler), although I did add in Baked Brown Sugar (Stampin’ Up!) for the arms in the upper right corner of the card on the left.

When all the stenciling and stamping was done, I adhered each panel to a black card base. I die cut birthday sentiments out of black card stock. For the left-hand card, I also used the outline layer for the sentiment; I cut it out of vellum so it doesn’t hide the fun postage images, but it does soften them a bit so the sentiment doesn’t get lost. For the card on the right, I die cut the sentiment a few times and stacked the pieces together to make it chunkier. I finished both cards with a few clear droplets.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like all the cheerful colours on these two cards! I'm enjoying these postage style cards, it makes a change from cards that are stamped with just one or two images! How do you get the background colours done? For example, the hands reaching for the red hearts. How is the background stamped. I hope I am explaining this well! I imagine the hands and hearts were stamped onto the green background after you coloured the green background? Anyway, these are lovely cheerful cards! I can tell you had fun!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! The background colors are added with layering stencils. The left card uses the Postal Collage Everyday Stencil, and the right card uses the Postal Collage Coloring Stencil.