Sunday, August 16, 2020

What's the buzz?

I'm trying (again!) to post on my blog more regularly. I have such a back-log of cards to post that I feel like I'll never get caught up! This afternoon I spent a little time prepping photos for three posts - let's see if I can get them all done this week. I'll start with a couple of sweet bumblebee cards I made in the spring.

 
I really liked this stamp set when I first saw it (and I still do), but once I got it, I struggled a bit with how to use it. (Don't you hate that?) I did use it for a couple of bee-themed valentines, which I loved, but I wanted to come up with a different layout for some birthday cards.
 
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Honey Bee
Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White card stock; Golden Honey Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Pool Party, Soft Suede
Accessories: Detailed Bee dies, gold glitter enamel dots, polka dot washi tape (Kamoi Kakoshi Co.), foam tape (3M)


For my birthday cards I decided to focus on the large beehive image -- stamped on white card stock and die cut -- and the bees from the coordinating Golden Honey Specialty DSP (I love the gold foil!). I used the dies to cut out one large bee and two small bees and set them aside to create the card base.

I used Pool Party card stock for the base and glued the bee hive just slightly above the middle of the card front. I stamped the curved sentiment above the beehive using Soft Suede ink and then filled the rest of the card front with Pool Party flowers.

Using foam tape I added the three bees around the hive. Then I added a bit more gold with polka dot washi tape along the bottom of the card and a few gold glitter enamel dots (I love that they look like little drops of honey).

 

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Honey Bee, Delicate Details
Paper: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Whisper White card stock; Golden Honey Specialty DSP
Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Detailed Bee dies, gold glitter enamel dots, foam tape (3M)


My second birthday card started out the same way: with a stamped and die-cut bee hive and three bees die cut from the DSP (although this time I used two large and one small).

I decided to use a neutral color pallet for this card, and while I was trying out some different color combinations, I came across this panel of Crumb Cake that I had previously stamped with the lacy background. I liked how the lace looked with the bee hive, so I went with it!

I glued the hive over the background and stamped the sentiment just below it. Again, I used foam tape to add the bees. To give the card a little texture, I distressed the top and bottom edges of the Crumb Cake panel and then adhered it to a Soft Suede card base, leaving a narrow border of the Soft Suede showing at the top and bottom. A row of three gold glitter enamel dots in the upper right corner finish off the card.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a bee-utiful week!

2 comments:

Sunshine. said...

Bee-utiful cards Andrea! Such cute and fun bee's! The gold foil looks amazing!
Sunshine

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine!