Friday, August 14, 2020

A nod to the Muppets

Happy Friday! We're due for a storm tonight, and the sky is already getting dark, so I thought I'd bring a little color -- and nostalgia -- to this gloomy evening.

Supplies (all Taylored Expressions unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Mini Strips - Fun and Funny, Whole Llama Love
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black card stock (Stampin' Up!); Cookie Monster, Lime Zest, Pineapple, Plum Punch, Candy Corn card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Build-a-Scene - Trees dies, Frame in Frame 2 Cutting Plate, Splatter embossing folder, Brick embossing folder, 3/8" circle punch (Stampin' Up!), googly eyes (Inkadinkadoo), Brights Candy Dots (Stampin' Up!), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), foam tape (3M)

Almost exactly three years ago, I shared a card featuring these characters that remind me so much of the Muppets. I loved watching The Muppet Show on TV as a kid, and one of my all-time favorite Christmas albums is John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together. I still listen to it multiple times every year, and since we have an Amazon Echo I can ask Alexa to play it whenever, and I don't have to dig out the CD. :)

But back to the card. I used six of the different treetop dies from the Build-a-Scene - Trees die set and chose six fun, bright card stock colors. I cut a few of each shape from each color of card stock and then mixed and matched them to create the heads and hair. (That sounds much simpler than it was; I kept moving around pieces, and I changed my mind I don't know how many times before I finally glued everything together.) I added googly eyes, and for the mouths, I punched 3/8" black circles and then cut them in half. For a few of the characters I also added Candy Dots for their noses.

The card bases are pretty straightforward. I embossed four card bases (two with a splatter texture and two with a brick wall texture) and then added a scalloped frame. (For the Lime Zest card base, I stamped the sentiment on a strip of white card stock and adhered that to the card base before adding the frame.) Using foam tape I added four faces in each frame and then finished with the sentiments. No need for extra embellishments with these fun characters!
 
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping by!
 

2 comments:

Sunshine. said...

OMG! These cute characters made me giggle! They are so funny! I remember your other ones you made too! Love all their hair do's,a nd the cute expressions on their faces! These are great Andrea! Love them!
Sunshine

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I wasn't sure if I should post these again since I'd shared the idea before, but I figured three years was a good gap. :)