Thursday, August 27, 2020

Bunches of blooms

I'm trying to group together some of the cards I have left to share so that I have some chance of catching up on my blog posts. Today I'm focusing on a few flowery cards.

Supplies (all Stampin; Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Garden in Bloom, Petite Pairs
Paper: Whisper White, thick Whisper White, Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green
Accessories: Apothecary Accents dies, Sprig punch, Stitched Frames Stacklets dies (Taylored Expressions), Princess sequins (Craft Medley), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), jute twine (May Arts Ribbon), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), foam tape (3M)

These two cards use the same color pallet; the only difference is that for the card on the left I stamped the outlines using black instead of the flower color, like on the right. It's interesting how different they look! There are no fancy techniques on either of these cards, just basic stamping with a few die-cut or punched shapes and a little embellishment. I've always loved the stamping part of making cards, so sometimes it's nice to just let shine.

Supplies:
Stamps: Flip the Floral (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Sugar Cube card stock (Taylored Expressions); Basic Black, Pool Party card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Oreo (Taylored Expressions); colored pencils - PC909, PC929, PC935, PC1008, PC916, PC932, PC912, blender pencil (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Sentimental dies (Avery Elle), Hello die (Gina K Designs), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), black enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

I made the white panels for these cards at the Taylored Expressions Stamp Joy event last fall. We were learning different ways to use this floral border stamp, so we used a stamp positioner to stamp it in a vertical and horizontal orientation. (We also did a diagonal piece, but I think I messed up that panel.) I turned the panels into easy cards by mounting them on card bases and adding die-cut words. I did cut the words out a few times and then glued them together to add some dimension.

I colored the flowers on the left card with colored pencils (although I wish I had used different colors for the roses instead of just pink), and I left them black and white -- with a pop of Pool Party -- for the right card.

Supplies:
Stamps: It's Spring Time (Rubbernecker Stamps)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, Yoyo Yellow card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Color Fuse ink sets #1 (Lemon, Custard, Autumn), #5 (Rose, Blush, Bubblegum), #10 (Moss, Clover) (Rubbernecker Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

These are two more cards with lots of stamping. I love the detail on these flowers; each flower is made with three separate stamps for the petals and then another stamp for the center, although in looking at these now, I can see that I was a little off with some of the flower centers. Oh, well! It was really fun to play with the Color Fuse inks (sets of four ink cubes in graduated color groupings), and these bright colors make for cheerful birthday cards. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Mod Floral Stack (Reverse Confetti)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Basic Black card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Lime Rickey, Aquatini, Something Borrowed, Flirty Fuschia (Catherine Pooler); Intens-ified Black (Hero Arts)
Accessories Moonshine Confetti (Hero Arts), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

OK, this isn't your traditional flower, but it definitely has a floral vibe -- and the stamp set is called Mod Floral Stack -- so I decided to include it here.

This is a very simple card. I stamped the petal images in four cool shades of green, blue, and purple on a panel of white card stock and added one piece of round confetti at the top of the flower. I stamped the sentiment along the top of the panel using black ink.

When that was done, I didn't like the placement of the images; everything seemed too high. So I added a strip of black card stock along the bottom of the panel. I really like that extra emphasis on the bottom of the card and how it echos the line created by the sentiment. To finish the card I used foam tape to mount it on a white card base.


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you and your loved ones are safe, healthy, and happy.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cards! It's so fun to see the variations using the same stamps in the pairs - the black vs matching in the first, orientation and color/b&w in the roses and so on.
Judy

Sunshine said...

Lovely colours on all the cards Andrea! have the Garden in Bloom stamp set, it's such a fun set! That Flip the Floral stamp set looks like fun and I love the bright colours you used to colour them. We are just days away from officially being into Spring, and I am so looking forward to seeing all the pretty colours that come with Spring. (And ditching my jeans and jumpers from summer dresses!)
Sunshine