Sunday, August 30, 2020

August Christmas card: Santa gnome

I'm just sneaking in my Christmas cards this month! I actually designed this card a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't have a chance to finish them until yesterday.

Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Winter Gnome (Unity Stamp Co.)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Shaded Spruce, Gray Granite (Stampin' Up!); alcohol markers - Shaded Spruce, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Nude, Bronze, Mocha (Stampin' Up! Blends/Blendabilities) and W3, R81 (Copic)
Accessories: Layering Ovals dies (Stampin' Up!). red rhinestones (Stampin' Up!), foam tape (3M)

I was having trouble finding inspiration this month, so I went with a simple design. I started by stamping the Santa on white card stock and coloring him with alcohol markers. According to the stamp set, he's a winter gnome, but he looks like Santa to me, so I guess I'll call him a Santa gnome. :)

I used an oval die to cut out the Santa gnome and then set him aside to finish the rest of the card. I chose thick white card stock for the card base and made a simple background by randomly stamping the other two images in this stamp set: a small snowflake (using Gray Granite ink) and the sentiment "happy winter" (Shaded Spruce ink). I stamped the images twice before re-inking the stamps, so there is a little variation in the colors.

I applied strips of foam tape to the back of the die-cut oval and then adhered it to the middle of the card front. A few red rhinestones add just a hint of sparkle and pull a little bit of the red from Santa's coat onto the card base.

It's hard to believe September is only a couple of days away. I'd better start thinking about my September Christmas card now! Thanks for stopping by!



4 comments:

Sunshine said...

I love Gnomes, and your Santa Gnomes are so very cute:-) I also like the stamped back ground and how you stamped it twice without re-inking. It looks great! These are cute and fun cards!
Sunshine

Anonymous said...

Santa Gnome is a adorable! Love these lighthearted cards.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I like the little color variation with the "double stamping."

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Judy!