Saturday, August 19, 2023

Hexagonal flair

I'm trying to make sure I do at least one blog post a week during August, and here I am scrambling to finish this week's post at (almost literally) the last minute. So this will be a short one!

I used two stamp sets to make these two cards: Hexagonal Patterns Flair (Close to My Heart) and Biggest Wish (Stampin' Up!). I also used the Zen Garden ink collection from Catherine Pooler.

For the first card I chose four blue/green shades of ink and four small hexagon images. I stamped each image once in each color across a panel of white card stock. I stamped a bold "thanks" in dark green ink in the lower left corner and adhered the panel to a dark green card base. I finished the card with a few matte white enamel dots. Most of the thank-you cards I make seem to be feminine and flowery, so I love that this one has a more masculine feel.

For the second card, I changed up the color pallet and used pink, yellow, green, and blue, so it feels a little more feminine. I chose three large hexagon images, and again I stamped each image once in each color. I rounded two opposite corners of the white panel and stamped "happy birthday" in black ink in the lower right corner. I attached the panel to a black card base and finished it off with three matte black enamel dots.

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great cards Andrea! The hexagon stamps look like a lot of fun to create with, and they make great masculine cards! I like the large size stamped words too. They stand out well, on the cards .
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

These are happy looking cards! Can't think of a better way to explain it - the varied graphic patterns on the hexagons, the bold black accents and the details like the rounded corners - all go together perfectly.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Judy and Sunshine!