Friday, August 4, 2023

Ranunculus

I'm back to share the third and final set of cards I made during craft day a couple of weeks ago. Today's featured stamp set is Ranunculus (Avery Elle).


I have plenty of flower stamp sets, but I had never bought a ranunculus set, so I was happy to find this one on clearance. It's so fun to watch the layers come together as you stamp them -- and they definitely don't need to be stamped perfectly. The flowers in this set are four-step images (the leaves are three-step), so they were perfect for my Color Fuse inks (Rubbernecker). Each set includes four  mini ink pads in progressive color value. I used the pink, red, yellow-red (orange), yellow, and yellow-green sets of Color Fuse inks.


For my first card I wanted to focus on trying out the layering stamps, so I went with a simple layout. I stamped three flowers and a few leaves on the upper left part of a piece of white card stock. I stamped a sentiment in black near the lower right corner and cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die. I layered the panel on pink card stock then a black card base and added some clear sequins. Simple, but pretty.


For the second card I went all out. I started by stamping the flowers and leaves on scraps of white card stock and then cutting them out with the coordinating dies. I wanted a layered background for the card, so I stamped the Dictionary background stamp on a white card base using Crumb Cake ink and then stamped the Distressed Dots background stamp over it with the same color (both retired from Stampin' Up!). That wasn't enough (ha ha!) so I added some shimmery splatter over the stamping.

I grouped the die-cut flowers and leaves and adhered them across the card front, using foam tape for one flower in each group to add some dimension. I stamped a small sentiment on a strip of white card stock with Crumb Cake ink and trimmed the left end into a V. To help it stand out against the background, I sponged ink on the edges of the strip and then attached it to the right side of the card with foam tape. The finishing touch was several green-tinted clear sequins. (I kind of wanted to add more, but I didn't think I should go overboard (ha ha!).

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both are lovely - the simple one shows highlights the color variations in the flowers and foliage. The second one - yes, there is lots going on, it's in a good way. I wouldn't have noticed all the individual items - two backgrounds, splatters, etc if you hadn't pointed each out, all goes together for a great look.
Judy

Anonymous said...

What pretty cards Andrea! The colours are very "Summery", which I like! Reminds me that, even though it is Winter here, Spring/Summer are on their way! I particularly like the second card, but both are great!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thank you so much, Judy and Sunshine!