Saturday, December 31, 2022

2023 desk calendars

Happy new year! The last day of the year seems like the perfect time to share my designs for the 2023 desk calendars I made as gifts this year. I made eight calendars total, four each of two different designs: one design using primarily the Simple Seasons stamps and dies (Concord & 9th) and one using a variety of die-cut shapes. 

For the first calendar style, I watercolored the images using Karin markers. To make the backgrounds, I either stamped an image a few times or did ink blending with a stencil. I also splattered the backgrounds with metallic paints (Prima Marketing) -- there are twelve paints in the set, and I used a different color for each month.




For the second calendar design I actually have two versions; I used gel prints for the backgrounds of one calendar and textured card stock panels for the other three. (I'll post the card stock version and then the gel print version for each grouping.) I also splattered these background panels with metallic paints, and I added a few clear sequins to each panel.









Let me know if you have questions about any of the specific dies or other products I used for these calendars. Since there were so many pictures I didn't want to make this post even longer with a bunch of text. :)

The last few years have been challenging to many people for many reasons, me included. So I'm wishing for a new year that brings more hope, peace, kindness, and caring to everyone the world over. Happy new year!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Andrea, your calendars are fab! That's a a lot of crafting to get all those done in time from Christmas, and you have done really well! The colours and backgrounds and all the die cutting, just great! I do envy you having all that energy to get them done! Hope you have a wonderful 2023, some rest, some relaxation and some crafting! Hugs from Sunshine xx

Anonymous said...

The calendars are gorgeous! Perfect theming for every month and season. Thank you for sharing your designs here.
I hope your wishes of hope, peace, kindness, and caring will echo back to you and yours during the upcoming year.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine and Judy!