Tuesday, May 7, 2019

You’re so fly

It’s been busy couple of weeks, and I haven’t been doing a very good job keeping up with my blog posts. The rest of the week isn’t going to be much better, so I’m squeezing in a quick post while I’m on my break at work. I don’t have my list of supplies with me, so I’ll do my best to remember what I used.

Supplies (all Stampin’ Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: January 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit
Paper: Whisper White note cards and envelopes, Thick Whisper White
Ink: Colored pencils (Prismacolor), Memento Tuxedo Black, Stardust gelly roll pen (Sakura)
Accessories: Gamsol blending kit (Taylored Expressions), clear droplets (Pretty Pink Posh), Art Glitter  Glue (Art Institute Glitter), Dimensionals, google eye (Inkadinkadoo)

I wanted to make a quick card to send to a crafty friend who need a little extra cheer. Of course, as usually happens with me, this quick card took a lot longer than I thought it would.

I pulled out the stamp set from the January 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit and knew I wanted to use the chameleon image and “You’re so fly” sentiment. But I couldn’t decide how I wanted to color the chameleon. I tried alcohol markers, paper piecing and finally settled on making him rainbow-y with my colored pencils. And I used Gamsol for the first time to blend the color - I loved it! I added a little sparkle to the chameleon with a Stardust gelly roll pen and gave him a google eye for good measure. He makes you smile, right?

The rest of the card is very clean and simple. I stamped the diagonal lines image three times to give the chameleon a place to stand. I cut him out by hand and attached him with Dimensionals. Then I stamped the sentiment and added three clear droplets for a little embellishment.

Well, it’s back to work for me! I’ll try to get back to regular blog posts soon. Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Hes very cute:-)
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com