Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Fruity puns

It's been pretty rainy around here the last few days. I actually really enjoy the rain, and I know it's good for all the green things that are starting to sprout and bloom. But the constant dreariness can get a little old. (Thank goodness we did get to see the sun yesterday!) To break up all the gray, I wanted to share something with fun colors -- and a couple of fruity puns. Who doesn't like a good pun, right?

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Orange You Sweet (Concord & 9th)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White card stock; Tutti-Frutti Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Lemon Lime Twist, Soft Suede, white gel pen
Accessories: Orange You Sweet dies (Concord & 9th), Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

This sentiment just makes me chuckle. And I was pretty pleased with how this card turned out, too.

The Orange You Sweet stamp set is a versatile one, with several different elements (solid circles, outlines, and detail images) that can be combined to make different types of fruit. I wanted to try the kiwifruit first, and I knew I wanted to use it with the kiwifruit-printed paper from the Tutti-Frutti DSP. They work so well together!

I adhered a strip of the DSP along the left edge of a white card base. Then I stamped three kiwifruit images on white card stock, cut them out with the coordinating die, and used Dimensionals to adhere one of them near the middle of the card. I stamped the sentiments and adhered the remaining kiwifruit around the edges of the card base. Three green glitter enamel dots were the perfect finishing touch.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Orange You Sweet (Concord & 9th)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White card stock; Tutti-Frutti DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Watermelon Wonder, Garden Green
Accessories: Orange You Sweet dies (Concord & 9th), Watermelon Wonder sequin trim, Dimensionals, Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter)

From kiwifruit to watermelon! For this card, I started by placing a strip of DSP along the bottom of a white card base, and then I added a strip of sequin trim along the top of the DSP. (Watermelon Wonder sequins seemed to perfect to pass up.)

I stamped and die cut the three watermelon images on white card stock and adhered them to the card base with Dimensionals. I wanted to use the die-cut "sweet" -- I love the handwritten style and how thin the letter are -- so I adhered it across two of the watermelon shapes, carefully applying glue to just parts of the die cut.

To finish, I stamped the rest of the sentiment and added a few stamped watermelon seeds around the images.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Orange You Sweet (Concord & 9th), Yippee Critters (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana card stock
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Mango Melody, Pineapple Punch, Lemon Lime Twist, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Orange You Sweet dies (Concord & 9th), washi tape (Handmade Modern), black enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Dimensionals

I was intrigued by the circles and outlines, so I decided to try making a card with just those elements. I selected a fun, tropical color palette: Coastal Cabana, Mango Melody, Pineapple Punch and Lemon Lime Twist. (I have found that I really like the Pineapple Punch and Mango Melody ink, but I cannot figure out how to use the card stock. It is just so bright.)

I stamped a few solid circles in each color on a piece of white card stock. Then I randomly stamped the circle outline in black, overlapping the colored circles. I rounded the corners of the card stock, added a strip of black polka dot washi tape, and adhered it to a Coastal Cabana card base.

For the focal point, I stamped another green circle on white card stock, stamped "happy birthday" over it, and then cut it out. I attached it to the card with Dimensionals and added a few scattered black enamel dots.

Inside the card I continued the theme by stamping one circle in each color on a layer of white card stock. I also rounded the corners on this piece. I didn't, however, stamp any of the black circle outlines because I wanted the black letters of the sentiment to really stand out. (But in looking at it now, I think I should have added a strip of the washi tape along the bottom of the white card stock.)






Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

Sunshine. said...

Oh yumm, these cards are delish! And being a New Zealander, I am a Kiwi! Love all the cards, but the Kiwi is my fave:-) So much fun and the colours are great! Love the enamel dots too! They add a it of glitz to the cards! Love them:-) Thanks for making me smile:-)
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com