Saturday, May 11, 2019

Cut out to be friends

My best crafty friend, Lisa, had her birthday in April, so naturally I had to make her a card using the Crafty Turnabout stamp set from Concord & 9th.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Crafty Turnabout (Concord & 9th)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Lovely Lipstick, Crushed Curry, Granny Apple Green, Bermuda, Soft Suede card stock; Galvanized Metallic paper
Ink: Lovely Lipstick, Crushed Curry, Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies (Lawn Fawn), Crafty dies (Concord & 9th), Turnabout jig (Concord & 9th), white crochet thread (DMC), Dimensionals

Lisa likes jewel tones, so for the background stamping I chose four bold ink colors and stamped the turnabout stamp four times, rotating the paper each time. I love all the fun multi-colored crafty images it creates! Once that was done, I cut the card stock with a stitched rectangle die and mounted it on an A2-sized white card base.

I stamped the sentiment on white card stock using two ink colors and then cut it out with a stitched postage stamp-style die. I also cut that same shape out of Lovely Lipstick card stock to layer behind the sentiment piece.

For the rest of the embellishments, I die cut a paintbrush, scissors, and buttons out of coordinating card stock and added them around the sentiment. The buttons get lost a bit on the colorful background, so I added crochet thread to the centers and attached them with Dimensionals to help them stand out just a bit more. I probably should have used a larger panel for the sentiment to tone down the busy-ness, but I didn't want to cover up the background. Oh, well. It's definitely a bright, fun card!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Sunshine. said...

Wow, this is gorjuss! Just love the bold colors, and the turn about stamp is awesome! I be Lisa loved it:-)
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love this! I bet your friend will love it too!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine and Judy! :)