Saturday, May 18, 2019

Whimsical birthday wishes

I've been having a hard time getting back to a regular blogging schedule -- life just seems to always get in the way. But I wanted to do at least one post this week, so I'm popping in with a quick, colorful birthday card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Wishes on a Wire Birthday (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green, textured Bermuda Bay card stock
Ink: Alcohol markers: Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Pineapple Punch, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Granny Apple Green, Soft Suede, Smoky Slate (Stampin' Up!) and C1, W1, R81 (Copic); Memento Tuxedo Black; journaling pen; Stardust Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)
Accessories: Bitty Banner punch, 1/16" hole punch, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), black and white baker's twine, rhinestones, Dimensionals

Isn't this a cute little image? Who wouldn't like little critters holding birthday balloons? I love the whimsical style, because that meant I could color it however I wanted without worrying about whether or not it looked "right."

After I was done coloring, I doodled a little frame around the image and rounded the corners. I punched tiny banners out of four coordinating card stock colors and adhered them behind the right edge of the focal image so just a bit of color peeks out. Then I used Dimensionals to attach the whole panel to a Bermuda Bay card stock. I embellished with a few rhinestones and a simple baker's twine bow.



Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want to thank you for your creative insight! I tend to overthink things like the "right" colors and so on - I love the thought that the whimsical stamps can be colored with less worry. I also like the little banners on this card. I have quite a bit of ribbon I'm trying to find uses for, I think that might work well in the same way as the paper banners.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! Ribbon would definitely work! I know I’ve made cards with little ribbon tabs, although I’m not sure if they’re on my blog.

Sunshine. said...

This is a fun and colourful card, I really like the colours you used Andrea! Well done!
I am a little slow at the moment, I have a terrible head cold and just feel like "blehh" at the moment! But I enjoy your creations and am always inspired by them!
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com