Wednesday, September 19, 2018

September garden update

The biggest change with our garden this month is that the sunflowers have finally bloomed! They're so bright and bold -- just looking at them makes me smile. (Is it possible to be un-cheerful around sunflowers?) The bees and butterflies were excited to see them, too, and spent a lot of time flitting from bloom to bloom. Unfortunately, the sunflowers only had a week of warm, sunny weather before our current stretch of cool and rainy days, so I don't know how much longer the blossoms will last. But I'll enjoy them while they're here!

I had trouble picking just a couple of pictures, so here are seven. I hope they make you smile, too!








Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Sunshine. said...

oh, what pretty sunflower Andrea! I ust love the bright and cheerful sunshiney colour of them! And I just love bees and Monarch butterflies too! I'm going to plant some sunflowers again, my last ones didn't do too well for some reason. These photos make me smile and remind me long hot summer days! They are on their way, for me!
Have an awesome day:-)
Sunshine.
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sunflowers and butterflies! Thanks for sharing!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine and Judy! All the heavy rain we got really did in the sunflowers, so I'm glad I got a few pictures when they were in their glory.