Sunday, September 23, 2018

Happy fall!

Fall arrived for us this weekend, and I'm so excited for the cooler temps, changing leaves and just general coziness. Here's a fun card to celebrate the season:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Thankful Leaves Turnabout (Concord & 9th), Lighthearted Leaves
Paper: Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla card stock
Ink: Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Crushed Curry
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits dies, Quilt Top embossing folder, gold sequins (Craft Medley), clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, Metallic Foil Doilies, die-cut leaves (Paper Pumpkin kit leftovers), linen thread, Dimensionals

Concord & 9th has a line of stamps called Turnabouts. Basically, you use a stamp positioning tool to stamp the image up to four times, changing the ink color and rotating your paper with each impression. When you're done you have a piece of card stock filled with an elaborate pattern of images. I've been really intrigued by these stamps -- and since I finally bought a stamp-positioning tool -- I knew I had to get this fall-themed set when it was released..



I used the Thankful Leaves Turnabout stamp to make the background panel on the front of thiis card. (Actually, I stamped a larger piece of card stock and cut it in half to make two cards.) I used a couple of coordinating stamps from the turnabout set to stamp "happy fall" on a die-cut circle, and I accented it with part of a gold doily and two die-cut leaves tied with linen thread. The leaves were leftover from a Paper Pumpkin kit, and I embossed one of them with the Quilt Top embossing folder to add a bit of texture. For the finishing touch I added three gold sequins.

Inside the card I stamped a sentiment on Very Vanilla card stock. This sentiment is from  the Lighthearted Leaves set from Stampin' Up! (which retired a few years ago), and it's perfect for this card. I also used a few more of the coordinating stamps from the turnabout set to add a couple of leaves and splatters.




I also used the Thankful Leaves Turnabout set to make a fall-themed birthday card, which I'll share in my next post. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.