Saturday, October 17, 2015

Easy Halloween cards

I am woefully behind on my cards for the autumn season. I've only made a couple of leaf-themed cards and nothing for Halloween or Thanksgiving. To get the ball rolling, I pulled out a pack of Halloween tags I've had for a year or two and used them as focal layers on a few easy cards.

Halloween card with a tag from the Haunted Tag Pad (K&Company) as the focal image.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Basic Black card stock, Designer Series Paper (DSP) Patterns stack - Brights (retired)
Ink: Whisper White craft, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stardust Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)
Accessories: Haunted Tag Pad (K&Company), button (Making Memories), Basic Black baker's twine, punched spider shape (unknown), Brick Wall and Decorative Dots embossing folders, Dimensionals

I embossed the Basic Black card stock with the Brick Wall embossing folder and then lightly rubbed it with a Whisper White craft ink pad. I rubbed the strip of Pumpkin Pie DSP with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and layered it on the card base. To embellish the tag, I traced over the lines of the web with a Gelly Roll pen and used Dimensionals to adhere a punched and embossed spider in the middle. I added a button tied with baker's twine to the top of the tag and adhered it to the card base at an angle.

Halloween card with a tag from the Haunted Tag Pad (K&Company) as the focal image.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Tangerine Tango card stock
Ink: Crumb Cake
Accessories: Haunted Tag Pad (K&Company), Witches Brew washi tape, Neutrals Candy Dots, natural ribbon trim, mini stapler (Making Memories), Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

I wanted to use washi tape as an accent on this card, but when I started pulling the pieces off the rolls, I discovered that one of the rolls -- the narrow one with words -- had lost its stickiness. But I solved the problem by applying just a bit of Mono Multi liquid glue to the back of the tape. Then I stuck the tape to the card like usual. For additional embellishment, I stapled a piece of natural ribbon trim to the top of the tag and placed a couple of Basic Black Candy Dots in the bottom right corner of the card base.

Halloween card with a tag from the Haunted Tag Pad (K&Company) as the focal image.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Grateful Greetings
Paper: Basic Black card stock, DSP Patterns Stack - Brights (retired)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stardust Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)
Accessories: Haunted Tag Pad (K&Company), button (Making Memories), Basic Black baker's twine, stickers (September 2014 Paper Pumpkin kit), 2014 - 16 In Color washi tape, Dimensionals

I added several little touches to this tag: a stamped sentiment, bat and crow stickers, a hand-drawn border made with a Gelly Roll pen, and a button tied with baker's twine. I also "popped up" the bow tie on the cat by cutting the tie from another tag (the tag pad came with two tags of each design) and adhering it over this tag with small pieces of Dimensionals.

I layered a piece of Old Olive DSP on a Basic Black card base, added a little piece of washi tape and then adhered the tag to the card. I also used the Gelly Roll pen to draw a border around the layer of DSP to add a little more visual interest.

Halloween card with a tag from the Haunted Tag Pad (K&Company) as the focal image.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Trick or Treat (Lawn Fawn), Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: Tangerine Tango card stock, Neutrals DSP Stack
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Haunted Tag Pad (K&Company), button (Making Memories), orange baker's twine, Dimensionals

Using the same technique as the previous card, I popped up the pumpkin on this tag by cutting out the same shape from a second tag. The stamped sentiment and button tied with baker's twine finish off the tag focal point.

For the background of this card, I stamped the lines image and one of the splatter images from Gorgeous Grunge using Tangerine Tango ink. Then I added a strip of black and white DSP across the bottom half of the card and adhered the tag over it.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: