Saturday, September 19, 2015

Last summer hurrah

After a few hot, humid days earlier this week, the fall weather has been rolling in. I love the cooler temps, and as always I'm looking forward to the leaves changing color. But I thought I'd squeeze in one last summer hurrah with some bright red flowers.

Card made with Abstract Flower and Vine set from Rubbernecker Stamps.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Abstract Flower and Vine (Rubbernecker Stamps)
Paper: Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White card stock; Neutrals Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack
Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Old Olive, Marina Mist, Crushed Curry, Real Red, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Bitty Buttons, Marina Mist polka dot ribbon, twine (unknown), clear and gold Wink of Stella glitter brush pens, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

I loved the color combination on the packaging label for this stamp set, so I replicated it as close as I could with Stampin' Up! colors: Real Red, Watermelon Wonder, Old Olive, Marina Mist, and Crushed Curry.

I stamped the focal layer (also closely following the packaging) and matted it with a piece of diagonally striped paper from the Neutrals DSP Stack. For embellishment, I added a tab of Marina Mist ribbon and a small clear button with a twine bow. It's hard to see in the picture, but I also painted Wink of Stella glitter on the butterflies and yellow dots for just a little sparkle.

For the card base, I used the swirl/stem image -- the same image that is stamped in black on the focal layer. I stamped it with Watermelon Wonder ink on Watermelon Wonder card stock multiple times, changing the direction each time I stamped to create a fun background. Then I adhered the focal layer to the card base with Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: