Saturday, September 5, 2015

Look who's turning one

When you make cards do you create them as needed, for a specific occasion or with a certain person in mind? Or do you make "generic" birthday, thank you, congratulations, etc., cards so you have a stash to choose from when you need a card? I usually fall into the latter group, but once in awhile I make a card for a specific celebration.

First-birthday card featuring the Cars and Trunks stamp set from DeNami Design.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: On Your Birthday, Cars and Trucks (DeNami Design)
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, textured Old Olive card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Smoky Slate; Blendabiliites marker assortments: Old Olive, Smoky Slate, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky, Skin Tones
Accessories: 1-3/8" circle punch, star punch, Stitched Hillside Borders Lawn Cuts dies (Lawn Fawn), Word Bubbles Framelits dies, Lucky Limeade baker's twine, number stencil (unknown), Mono Multi liquid glue, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

These little cars and trucks are adorable, and I thought they were perfect for a first-birthday card for my cousin's son. I stamped the vehicle images, colored them in and then cut them out by hand. Using Dimensionals, I adhered them to a Soft Sky card base with a die-cut Old Olive hillside.

To fill the top half of the card I added a sun and clouds that also include the sentiment. The clouds are made with the Word Bubbles Framelits dies, and I stamped one of them with the first part of the sentiment. To make the sun I punched a 1-3/8" circle from Daffodil Delight card stock and several stars from Crushed Curry card stock. I snipped the triangular points off the stars and adhered them to the back of the circle to create the sun's rays. (One row of triangles is glued directly to the circle, and a second row is adhered with Glue Dots so they are in between the first row, adding some dimension.) I used a stencil to trace the 1 on a piece of Crushed Curry card stock, and then I adhered it to the sun with narrow strips of Dimensionals.

A simple baker's twine bow finishes off this fun card. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: