Tuesday, May 12, 2015

In Color butterfly bookmarks

This afternoon I received my box of goodies that I pre-ordered from the 2015-16 Stampin' Up! annual catalog. Yippee! The catalog goes live on June 2, but demonstrators are able to pre-order selected products in May. I didn't order very much, but I was excited to see the new In Color ink and card stock in person. The In Colors for 2015-17 are Tip Top Taupe, Delightful Dijon, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, and Mint Macaron. I wanted to try out the new colors, so I put together a few butterfly bookmarks.

Bookmarks made with Butterfly Basics stamp set and the 2015-17 In Colors: Tip Top Taupe, Delightful Dijon, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, and Mint Macaron.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Butterfly Basics
Paper: Tip Top Taupe, Delightful Dijon, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Mint Macaron, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Tip Top Taupe, Delightful Dijon, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Mint Macaron
Accessories: Scalloped Tag Topper punch, Elegant Butterfly punch, Bitty Butterfly punch, gold sequin trim, gold baker's twine, chevron ribbon, linen thread, Glue Dots, Mono Multi liquid glue

Aren't they fun? The In Colors are the only new items on these bookmarks. But everything else will be in the annual catalog, including the Butterfly Basics stamp set, which is currently in the 2015 Occasions catalog.

To make each bookmark, I used a 2" x 7" piece of Tip Top Taupe for the bookmark base and then punched one end with the Scalloped Tag Topper punch. I stamped three images from the Butterfly Basics stamp set on the bookmark using Tip Top Taupe ink: the honeycomb, sentiment and postmark.

To showcase the card stock and ink for the other colors, I made two-layer butterflies. The bottom layer of each butterfly is simply the Elegant Butterfly shape punched out of the remaining four In Colors. The top layer is the small butterfly image stamped on Whisper White and punched out with the Bitty Butterfly punch.

For the tassel I used a piece of chevron ribbon and a piece of gold baker's twine tied with a piece of linen thread. I added a few gold sequins to pull out the gold in the baker's twine.

I know many people are sad to see the current In Colors leave (Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, and Crisp Cantaloupe), but I think I'll like these new colors even more. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: