Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Simple feminine birthday cards

I'm back with another bunch of birthday cards to share. Today's cards are clean and simple with a feminine touch.

Birthday card made with stamps from the February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit, Layers of Gratitude.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Layers of Gratitude (February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz card stock
Ink: pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Basic Gray
Accessories: Corner rounder, rhinestones, linen thread, Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen (ZIG)

The background for this card was made with two stamps, a stripe and a dot. They are photopolymer stamps, so it was easy to position the images for repeated stamping. I placed the stamps next to each other on a clear block and started with Pool Party ink at the top of a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Very Vanilla card stock. I stamped the stripe and dot toward the left side of the card stock, reapplied the ink and stamped the stripe again on the right side. Then I cleaned the stamps, applied Pear Pizzazz ink and repeated the process, shifting the images so the dot was slightly to the left of the image above. I continued stamping, alternating the three colors of ink, until the whole piece of card stock was filled. I have to say that I didn't measure or plan out the vertical spacing, but it ended up just about perfect.

Close-up of birthday card made with stamps from the February 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit.
I wanted to add a subtle sparkle, so I used my Wink of Stella brush pen to paint glitter on the polka dots. To finish the card front, I stamped a sentiment, rounded the corners of the Very Vanilla card stock, and adhered it to a Pear Pizzazz card base. I wrapped linen thread around the card front, tied it in a bow and added a few rhinestones around the sentiment.

Inside the card I stamped "Happy birthday" and a few additional polka dots in Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, and Calypso Coral.

Single-layer black and white birthday card made with Elementary Elegance stamp set.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Elementary Elegance
Paper: 110-lb white card stock (Recollections)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Curly Label punch, rhinestones, silver baker's twine, corner rounder, Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen (ZIG)

This card (and the following one) are actually white, I promise. I did not choose a good place to take these photos.  I thought about not posting them at all, but I really like these two cards. So I hope you'll forgive the bad photos and imagine the pretty white card stock.

This card was so easy to make, but I think it looks really elegant. I stamped the frame image first, near the top of the card. I used the Curly Label punch to punch out the middle of the frame and then stamped "Happy Birthday" inside the card so it is positioned in the center of the framed area. I also stamped three birds on the card front and one inside. I placed three rhinestones on the card front and added a bow of silver baker's twine.

Close up of single-layer birthday card made with Elementary Elegance stamp set.
As with the previous card I wanted a little glitter, so I again pulled out my Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen. For this card I painted the glitter on the crown at the top of the frame and then in the narrow border around the frame.

I love the crisp black and white of this card, but you could easily add a pop of color by using colored twine, ribbon, and/or rhinestones. Or you could stamp the bird images using a different color ink.

Single-layer birthday card made with Springtime Love set (from Raisin Boat).
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Springtime Love (Raisin Boat)
Paper: 110-lb white (Recollections), silver glimmer paper
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: Sunny Yellow Pearl Pen (Viva Decor), Simply Scored tool, Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, Glue Dots, silver baker's twine

I used Basic Gray ink on this card, so it's a little softer than black and white. This was another very simple card. I stamped the wreath and sentiment, used a Pearl Pen to add little color accents in the wreath, and used Glue Dots to add a silver punched heart and silver baker's twine bow.

To add a border, I used my Simply Scored tool to score a line on each side 1/4" in from the edge. I prefer scoring from the back of the card stock so the lines are embossed (raised) instead of debossed (indented) on the front, but I often don't think of embossing until I'm almost finished with a card and there are all kinds of things layered on the front so it doesn't lie flat for making score lines. With this card I had already applied the Pearl Pen and was too impatient to wait for it to dry, so I scored from the front of the card.

A simple pink birthday card with a row of three cupcakes.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Create a Cupcake, Remembering Your Birthday
Paper: Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla, Baked Brown Sugar card stock
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar
Accessories: Cupcake Builder punch, Circles Collection Framelits dies, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Subtles Candy Dots, 3D Adhesive Dots (ZOTS), sponge

The sentiment inside this card reads "Today calls for something pink with sprinkles on top!" so of course I needed pink cupcakes on the front. I cut out three Very Vanilla circles, sponged them with Baked Brown Sugar ink, and adhered them in a row across the card. I made three cupcakes, added a small flower accent on one of them, and adhered them in the circles. A stamped sentiment finished off this pink and pretty card.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sapphire-Rose said...

Yummm..love the cup cakes! I'm comin' to your place for afternoon tea!
Sunshine, New Zealand