Sunday, June 1, 2014

I backed Reading Rainbow

Raise your hand if you or your children grew up watching Reading Rainbow on public television. Me, me, me! I can still hear the opening theme and picture some of the different segments. So I was very interested when my sister sent me a link to the "Bring Reading Rainbow Back for Every Child, Everywhere" project on Kickstarter last week.

Right now, one in four kids in the U.S. will grow up illiterate. Through the Kickstarter project, LeVar Burton and the Reading Rainbow team are working to change that by putting Reading Rainbow on the Web, creating a specialized classroom version, and delivering it free to schools in need.

I'm proud to be a backer for this project, and I hope it instills a love of reading in millions of children. For more information or to make a pledge, click on the link above.

By the way, did you know that June 1 is International Children's Day? Celebrate by reading with a child.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: