Saturday, May 31, 2014

One must have a little flower

Last weekend I took the time to make a few cards before I packed up the craft room. (Sniff, sniff.) I happened to have two very old retired stamp sets sitting on the table, so I just grabbed those and worked as efficiently as I could in an already chaotic space. The first card I made was a patriotic one that I shared in my Memorial Day post. I used the same stamp set, Love Is a Circle, for today's card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Love Is a Circle, Distressed Dots
Card stock: Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral, Whisper White
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral, So Saffron
Accessories: Bitty Buttons, Calypso Coral baker's twine, Scallop Edge border punch, 2-1/2" circle punch, Essentials paper-piercing pack, paper-piercing tool and mat, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

I have rescued this stamp set -- which contains four large images outlined by a quote and two small images (a leaf and a star) -- out of my donate/sell pile several times over the years; I just can't seem to part with it. It happened again a few weeks ago when I had a sale to thin out my supply of stamping and crafting supplies. I gathered up what was left after the sale and packed a box to send to a friend for her daughter's Girl Scout troop (I had also given her three bags of other kid-friendly craft supplies) and two boxes for a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator who works with our local Ronald McDonald House. But before I sealed the boxes I pulled out a few stamp sets I decided to keep, and Love Is a Circle was one of them. For some reason I'm drawn to this set, even though I couldn't tell you when I last used it. I should probably just stop trying to get rid of it.


Anyway, back to the card. I stamped the flower image on Whisper White card stock using Calypso Coral ink. I punched out the image with the 2-1/2" circle punch and pierced a border along the edge of the circle. I stamped the image again using So Saffron ink, cut out the center of the flower and adhered it to the focal image. For embellishment I added a Bitty Button tied with Calypso Coral baker's twine and three stamped and cut-out leaves.

For the card base, I stamped the Distressed Dots background stamp using Pear Pizzazz ink on Pear Pizzazz card stock. I trimmed about 1/4" off the bottom of the card front and added a Calypso Coral scalloped border. Then I adhered the focal point to the card with Dimensionals.

The other cards I made last weekend feature the stamp set A Little Bit of Happiness. I'll post those pictures over the next couple of weeks. I hope it won't be too long before I'm able to get back to stamping and more regular blog posts. But tomorrow we get the keys for our new place, so we're making progress!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: