Saturday, May 17, 2014

Hexagon punch flower

It's been more than a week since I've posted -- organizing and packing is keeping me busy -- so I wanted to pop in and share a quick tutorial for making flowers with the Stampin' Up! hexagon punch. I took these pictures ages ago because I intended to include the tutorial as part of a bigger project. That project was never finished, and since I haven't been able to do any other crafting, I decided to go ahead and post this quick tutorial.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Hexagon punch
Scissors
Sticky Strip
Paper piercer
Embellishments - I used Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons, large pearls, Smoky Slate chevron ribbon, Wire Works
Stamps and ink, if desired - I used Six-Sided Sampler, Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana

Step 1: Punch out a hexagon shape from card stock or Designer Series Paper. If you want to use a stamped image, first stamp it and then punch it out.

Step 2: Snip from one corner of the hexagon straight to the middle.

Step 3: Apply a small piece of Sticky Strip to the back of the hexagon next to the cut made in Step 2.
Step 4: Gently pull the sections of the hexagon on either side of the cut so they overlap. Adhere the sections together with the Sticky Strip from Step 3.

Step 5: Finish your flower with the desired embellishments.

To add a stem, I used a paper piercer to make a hole in the middle of the flower. I put a piece of wire through the hole, threaded it on a Vintage Faceted Designer Button and added a large pearl in the center of the button. I tied together three hexagon flowers to make a mini bouquet.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: