Saturday, June 7, 2014

A day brightener

We're having a cool, wet and dreary day here -- a day that really needs a few bright flowers:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up):
Stamps: A Little Bit of Happiness
Card stock: Whisper White, Old Olive, textured Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Soft Sky, Elegant Eggplant, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Pearls, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch

These flowers make me happy, and coloring them was a nice break from packing. But can you find the little goof-up in my coloring? The two dark purple flowers were supposed to be Rich Razzleberry, and they ended up Elegant Eggplant. Oops. I'd grabbed the marker from that spot in the case and started coloring without checking the name. I thought it looked too dark, but it wasn't until I held the focal image up to the card base that I realized the mistake. Oh, well. I do think that even though there isn't any Rich Razzleberry in the focal image, it still works with that color card base.

I wanted to keep the card layout clean and simple, so I punched a scalloped border of Old Olive card stock and adhered it to the bottom of the focal image. To add a little dimension to the card, I placed small pearls on a few of the flowers.

I hope that made your day a little brighter. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: