Saturday, October 6, 2012

Happy World Card-Making Day!

I almost forgot that today was World Card-Making Day. Good grief. You'd think that would be a no-brainer for me. But once I remembered, I knew I would have to set aside some really exciting household chores to make some cards to share with you today. It was a tough decision, but I managed to force myself to do it.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Spooky Bingo Bits
Paper: Au Chocolat Designer Series Paper (DSP); Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss card stock
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Chocolate grosgrain ribbon, 1" circle punch, 1-1/4" scallop circle punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Dimensionals

I continued my recent theme of Halloween cards but added the challenge of using only two colors (plus a neutral) and limited accessories. For the first group of cards, I chose a pretty basic design and one I've used several times before. It's an easy layout for making multiple cards. Plus with all the different images in the Spooky Bingo Bits stamp set, I still was able to have a little variety and the cards weren't exactly the same.


I don't have any Halloween DSP, so I found a neutral design in my pack of retired Au Chocolat DSP. For the accent color I wanted to use something a little less traditional than orange, so I went with Kiwi Kiss, which is also retired. I love the pops of green against the dark brown background. For embellishment I just added a little bit of ribbon to the center image.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Halloween Hedgehogs
Paper: Au Chocolat DSP; Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss card stock
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Blender Pen, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Word Window punch, Neutrals brads, Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon, Dimensionals

For the next group of cards, I used the same ink and card stock but switched to the Halloween Hedgehogs stamp set. I used a Blender Pen to add a touch of Kiwi Kiss to the focal image. I also added a small piece of Lucky Limeade ribbon to the upper left corner (I love that the ribbon color was close enough to coordinate with Kiwi Kiss) and a trimmed Word Window shape to the lower right corner.

I hope you had a chance to make some cards today. Or if not today, maybe tomorrow. Really, every day should be a card-making day. Thanks for stopping by!
 

No comments: