Friday, February 16, 2024

Inspirational hearts

This year for Valentine's Day, I wanted to create a little something to share with the teachers and staff where I work. I didn't want to make more cards, though, and I wanted the gift to have some meaning. I decided on a collection of colorful hearts with inspirational words. Here are a few of my favorites:

To make the hearts I actually used the paper from cleaning off my brayer while gel printing. (Those scratch papers always look so pretty; I love finding a use for them.) I drew a few folk-style hearts on chipboard and cut them out to use as templates. I traced and cut out the colorful hearts, glued them onto coordinating card stock (a great way to use scraps!), and then trimmed off the extra card stock.

I used a variety of pens and paint markers to doodle a border on each heart then punched a hole with my Crop-A-Dile and added a loop of twine. I made a list of inspirational words and used a small alphabet stamp set to spell out the words on strips of white card stock. (Some of the words I stamped two or three times.) I trimmed the white card stock close to the letters and glued a word on each heart.

I made about 55 hearts, divided them into two containers and put one in the main office and one in the staff break room. I was nervous that no one would take one and it would end up being a silly idea, but most of them were gone by the end of the day, and there was only one left by Friday. Yay!

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! What a lovely idea Andrea, and so kind and thoughtful - just like you:-) The hearts are lovely, and such a great way of using scraps. I have some scratch card left over from gel prints too, and was wondering how I could use them. Now I know! I think I am going to 'steal' your idea and make some of those hearts! I will just leave mine in a dish on my table so that visitors can take one! I love your idea! I think I will start right now!!
Have a fabulous weekend - it's already Saturday for me!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thank you so much, Sunshine! I hope you enjoy making them!