Saturday, February 24, 2024

Cherry on top

I'm back with the final two valentines I made this year. I decided to share these cards last because they're not traditional valentines and would also make fabulous birthday cards.

I used the Coloring Layering Cupcake stamp set and coordinating die from Hero Arts. The set includes two stamps for each part of the cupcake -- the paper, the bit of cake in the middle, the frosting, and the cherry -- to create a fun, realistic image.

I used a stamp positioner to do the stamping for the cupcakes so I could align all the pieces as closely as possible. I also used the coordinating die to create a template. 

I didn't want the backgrounds to be too busy, so for the first card I used a piece of striped patterned paper matted with a layer of dark brown card stock. For the second card I embossed the card front with a polka dot embossing folder.

I kept the embellishments simple and added several red enamel dots to play off the idea of a cherry. I thought the second card needed one final detail, so I tied some red and white baker's twine around the bottom of the card.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yumm! These cards make me hungry! How cute are those cup cakes! The colours look delicious, and I can almost taste the cup cakes! Great cards Andrea, they would also make fun Birthday cards as well!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine!