Sunday, February 26, 2023

Rainbow vibes

During a card-making session a few weeks ago, I decided to use some die-cut rainbow pieces that were sitting on my desk (left over from some of the calendars I made as Christmas gifts). Here is the finished card:

I wanted a layer of patterned paper for the background, but I didn't have anything that matched the same colors I used for the rainbow. So I made my own! In my stash I found a paper that was just white with black circles. I cut a piece of that paper and then used coordinating markers to color in some of the circles. (And since the circles look hand-drawn, I wasn't careful when I colored and went for a scribbly look.) I often forget about adding ink to patterned paper, but it's a great way to get exactly the color(s) you want.

I rounded two opposite corners of the patterned paper -- to mimic the curve of the rainbow -- and adhered it to a black card base. Using little strips of foam tape I attached the rainbow pieces and a black sentiment strip to the card. I finished it off with a few small clear droplets glued over some of the un-colored circles on the paper.

I've been busy making birthday cards lately to replenish my stash, so I'll be sharing those in my next several posts. Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first thought when I saw this card, was, how did she get the background paper to math the colours of the rainbow?! Then as I read your post, I understood!
That's a really good idea, and I hope I remember that next time I need it!
And it's a simple and quick idea too.
Pretty card Andrea, and a great tip!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine! I hope I remember to use this idea more often, too! :)