Saturday, March 16, 2019

Card collection: cake and candles

Before I get to my cards today, I have two fun things to share:
  • One of the cards I made for the floral cards challenge on the Art Impressions blog was a winner! I was chosen for the Top Spot, and I received a package of three watercolor stamp sets. They arrived today, and I'm looking forward to playing with them!
  • I started an Instagram account (@snippetsbyandrea)! It's been a bit of a trial trying to figure out how to post pictures from my laptop, but I think I've got it now. I'm not sure yet exactly what my feed will look like, but I know there will be lots of crafty stuff. :)

And now onto the cards. I have a major backlog of cards that I need to post. Seriously, some of them are cards I made months ago. I want to share more recent cards, but I feel like I need to get through the old ones first. So I have a plan: I'm going to do two or three "card collection" posts, with each post featuring several cards that fit a common theme. I'll post supplies for each card, but I'll keep the other details to a minimum. Now let's get to today's collection: birthday cards featuring cake and/or candles.


Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:
Stamps: Piece of Cake, Birthday Backgrounds
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo card stock
Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Momento Tuxedo Black; Blends/Blendabilities markers: Smoky Slate, Mocha, Soft Suede, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green
Accessories: Neutrals Candy Dots, crochet thread (DMC), clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen


Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Piece of Cake
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green, Rich Razzleberry card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Blends markers: Crumb Cake, Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Small and Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies (Lawn Fawn), Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots, clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, Dimensionals

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes
Paper: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry card stock; Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Blends/Blendabilities markers: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Crumb cake, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Delicate white doilies, Rich Razzleberry velvet ribbon, Iced Americano glitter marker (Nuvo), clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, Stitched Shapes Framelits dies, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), gold sequins (Craft Medley), Dimensionals



I wanted to add a little sparkle to the DSP on the background, so I used my Iced Americano glitter marker to color some of the polka dots (see below) as well as the sprinkles on the cupcake.


Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Hip Hip Hooray (Echo Park)
Paper: 80-lb white card stock (Cougar), Basic Black card stock
Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Tangelo Twist, Daffodil Delight, Cucumber Crush, Pool Party, Pacific Point
Accessories: Black-and-white baker's twine, rhinestones, clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen


Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Thick Whisper White card stock, Basic Black card stock; gold foil sheets
Ink: Stampin' Write Journaler
Accessories: Washi tape (Recollections), Bird Builder punch, gold enamel shapes, Dimensionals, foam tape (3M)

There you have it! I apologize that some of the photos are dark; I need to find a spot where I have (or can create) good, consistent lighting for pictures. If you have any questions about the materials, techniques or anything else, just leave me a comment. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the birthday card ideas! I'm needing quite a few birthday cards starting in April right through the whole summer. I need to get busy and I appreciate the inspiration today.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! I’ll have plenty more birthday card inspiration to come!