Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Framed floral card set

I had typed up this whole post last week, then just as I was getting ready to publish it, something happened and it was gone. Argh. I was too tired that night to redo it all, and I've been too annoyed to do it since then. But I really need to get back to a better blogging schedule, so I decided I should just get this one done.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Whisper White card stock, Whisper White note cards and envelopes, Somerset Velvet watercolor paper (Marco's Paper)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink pads: Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves (Ranger); gold paint pen (Sharpie); gold Wink of Stella glitter brush pen
Accessories: Floral Squares dies (Pinkfresh Studio), metallic washi tape (Hand Made Modern - Target), various sequins (Craft Medley), Dimensionals, Glue Dots

To make the focal image for each card, I pressed a Distress Oxide ink pad onto water color paper and then used a slightly damp paintbrush to smooth out the color. I die cut the framed floral shapes out of white card stock, adhered each one over a colored square, and then trimmed off the extra water color paper.

I wanted to add a little sparkle to the framed flowers, so I used a gold paint pen to carefully add gold to just the frame portion of the die cuts. (If I had this to do over, I would add the gold before gluing the frame to the watercolor paper.)

For the card bases, I used Whisper White note cards. I used a gold Wink of Stella glitter brush pen to fleck gold sparkles onto the top part of each card, and I added a strip of gold patterned washi tape along the bottom of the card.

I used Dimensionals to add the flower images to the card bases and then added three coordinating sequins to each card.

As a side note, I made it through National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). I didn't get to the  50,000-word goal (I wrote just over 27,000 words), but I did write at least a little bit every day during November, which is better than I did during my previous attempts. I'll take that as my victory.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the writing accomplishment - I'd call that a win!
I really like the dies you used. And I enjoy ideas for card sets. Easier to make in quantity, easy to add a sentiment for any occasion as needed...or a set of cards makes a nice gift to give.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! I have several people who like to receive sets of cards (or at least I think they do!), so I'm always looking for new ideas. These dies are great for card sets!